Saturday, November 20, 2010

More on Tenacatita from Deb...

Here's a bit more about Tenacatita from Deb:
I was on watch Sat am when I made the decision we were going in one bay early into Tenacatitia instead of Bahia Navidad for a couple days because I wanted to sit out in a cool(er) bay rather than at a dock with a lot of people around. Call me a recluse. That's the reason for the big right turn on Spot. That and sneaky rocks on the north side of the bay.
This is a great little bay. The dolphins here are very used to people and boats, but seem fascinated by Ita. There is one big Bottlenose who keeps hanging around the boat playing Peek a boo with Ita. It will come up and blow within 5 feet of her for at least an hour, again and again. (S)He must like to watch Ita run from side to side. Jim wondered wether they could really see outside the water. I reminded him of the Sea World dolphins jumping out of the water and touching the big balls suspended 20 feet in the air. Yes, they can see something outside the water.
OOOO something neat. Sat night at sunset as we were motoring down here we were converged upon by a bunch of the little dolphins with pink bellies. (Aside: I will be able to give you names of these various types of critters as soon as Pat gets here with the books I forgot that my lovely sister Sally is getting for me.) Two of them jumped twice about 5 feet away from the steering wheel, about 5 feet in the air and looked right at Jim and I. It was very cool.
I took Ita on her first Kayak ride yesterday. She sat very low and peeked over the side. She thought it was cool. I managed to get in, land and get back onto the boat without tipping us over. Yes!
That's all for now!
Deb
----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment