Monday, August 20, 2012

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

My journey is slowly coming to a close. I fly back to the US so early on the 24th that it'll essentially still be the 23rd. Meaning that with travel back to bangkok I really only have two free days left. So I decided to do what Gregory's do best and head to the water. After spending a couple days in Siem reap (detailed post coming soon) clambering over ancient ruins, almost shooting ak47's at an active Cambodian army base, and sampling some of their awesome nightlife, I thought that a last couple of days on the beach would be just what I needed. So I jumped on yet another night bus and high tailed it down to the Cambodian coastal town of sihanoukville. My original plan was to go out to Koh Rong, an almost deserted tropical island that sounded like paradise but I missed the last boat out for the day so I'm now on Otres beach and got lucky and found a little hotel that seems to put a pretty big focus on kiteboarding! So I'm doing the second thing Gregory's are good at; waiting for the wind to fill in.

No comments:

Post a Comment