Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hitching a ride

So I woke up yesterday to pouring rain, thunder and lightning so instead of just wasting a day in the rain I jumped on the bus back to Bangkok a bit early. Very interesting trip full of nearly missed busses and terrible dirt roads which were even worse in the rain. And because both cambodia's and Thailand's busses both don't run to the border itself, they stop about 10 kilometers from the border on the Cambodian side and then don't start again until you get 90km into Thailand, I had to hitchhike my way about 100km across the Cambodian/Thai border. Definitely a memorable experience but it would have been nicer if it wasn't still raining and thundering and we weren't in the back of a pickup!

Now I've got about 16 more hours to kill in Bangkok, not quite sure what I'm going to do but I'll figure something out!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment