Friday, July 06, 2012

Should we stay, or should we go??

Pat and I headed over to Block Island yesterday afternoon. Time to take a break from loading gear back onboard. 

We are the advanced party for a group of others heading this way this afternoon. Skip And Nancy Helme, plus others. 

We knew the 4th was a big weekend here, but given that it was on wednesday we thought we'd get lucky and find a mooring. 

No such luck. Not only that but the anchorage is mobbed!!

So, we are anchored just outside the channel and we are the only boat out here. 

So, is this good or bad??  Pure sand bottom, excellent holding, just a long dingy rise to shore. On the other hand, I get very nervous leaving my boat unattended. 

Should we stay or should we go??



Jim Gregory 

1 comment:

  1. At crucial moments like this, one can only consult the wisdom of The Clash:

    It's always tease tease tease
    You're happy when I'm on my knees
    One day is fine, and next is black
    So if you want me off your back
    Well come on and let me know
    Should I Stay or should I go?

    Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?

    If I go there will be trouble
    And if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?

    ReplyDelete