Monday, December 06, 2010

Acapulco and Huatulco

Deb Here:

I know I haven't blogged lately. I've been concentrating very hard on not melting....

Jim asked me to blog on Acalpulco, and I added Huatulco. Well, Acapulco was very nice, in a BIG town sort of way. The YC was great! They had a great pool, with David, the waiter, who fetched me Mojito's whenever I even thought about one. That was great! The people were friendly, but the hours were wonky. No one's out in the am, the shops open at 11, everyone is closed 2-4, and they stay up way too late!

My adventure was trying to find a Vet to give Ita a Health Certificate for our next stop, Costa Rica. 6 cab rides and the best I could find was a pet store, selling roosters, puppies, cats, and really dirty stuff that had a clinic in the back where I could get Ita shots. I wouldn't even put her down on the vet table. I decided to wait for our last stop in Mexico, which was Hualtulco (Waa-tool-co). The cab rides through the various neighborhoods of Acapulco made me know I was good to stay in a cab. Fun to look at in the day safe in a cab....

Huatulco is my favorite by far. We tied up in this tiny newer Marina called Marina Chaway. Safe, clean and just deep enough for us to get into. From there there were 2 towns. Cruecita is the small town right by the Marina. Everything is a 20 peso cab ride, no mater where you go, so no getting ripped off. No one at the beach selling you the sombrero. NICE, NICE people. Clean streets. Lots of food and Bars. A GREAT Vet. Safe to walk in at night. A big plaza in the middle of town with the church on one side, and a band stand in the middle. Every night every one congregates down there to stroll and sell stuff. It was great.

Santa Cruz was the other town, and it was smaller, but that's where the cruise ships come in, so it is kinda ruined. Good Palapa Bar on the beach though...

That's it for now

Deb

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment