Sunday, August 03, 2014

Changing of the Guard

I decided to flip over into full on tourist mode for a while yesterday.  So, I stood around with a bunch of cruise ship people and watched the changing of the guard yesterday at the Prince’s Palace here in Monaco.

Monaco4 011Monaco4 013Monaco4 015Monaco4 016Monaco4 018Monaco4 019Monaco4 020Monaco4 033Monaco4 034

It was mildly entertaining, but I think I had more fun watching the cruise ship folks.  They travel in packs of about twenty, as they are being herded from one place to another by overly animated tour guides.  The kids look bored out of their minds, and the parents are often sniping at one another.  There are always a couple that look like pending heart attack victims out for the longest walk in as long as they can remember.

Smaller boats and crowds work better for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment