Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Enjoy your Thanksgivings!!


Greetings from onboard the sailing vessel Tik Tok, soon to be Bounty. All is well and we are finally beginning to see the end of this journey ahead of us. 2000 miles under Storm Trysail is not something that I'd recommend, but given the reliable trade winds in the 20-30 knot range that we've seen most of this trip is has not been too bad.

I am sorry for the lack of updates, but the onboard email system has had a few "issues" and is also very expensive, so we've limited ourselves to weather for the most part.

Today we were shadowed for about 15 minutes by what we think was a fairly large whale. My guess is that it was about 15-20 feet long. Easily the largest animal that I've seen in the Atlantic Ocean over the past couple of years.

I hope that you all enjoy a great Thanksgiving wherever you are. Especially my family which is scattered all over the place this year. Deb is in Ireland, Chris and Pat are in California, and I am currently 323nm ENE of Puerto Rico.

I had hopes for a quick stop and a Thanksgiving meal at Saba Rock in the BVI's, but alas that is not to be.

Don't eat too much!!

-Jim

----
This e-mail was delivered via satellite phone using OCENS's OCENS.Mail software.
Please be kind and keep your replies short.

No comments:

Post a Comment