Thursday, December 22, 2011

Challenge #136, 137 and 138.

Deb here....

So, Chris is flying in today. Yeah! Chris is not a good communicator during his finals. Boo!

I decided to take the ferries from Virgin Gorda over to St Thomas to meet Chris and do some last minute Xmas shopping. We aren't really sure that he's made his flights, but I have other things to do in town, so it's ok. And getting from St Thomas to Virgin Gorda requires 3 ferries and a cab and a Dollar Hollar bus, so I figure he could use the help getting the last 25 miles.

Get to St Thomas. Got the grocery shopping done, picked up the General Delivery mail, returned the rotting chicken I bought (YUCK!) paid the bills, followed up on about 5 questions on mail, left the groceries at the ferry building.

Chris calls. Flight from Miami is delayed 6 hours due to mechanical difficulties. (The kid is cursed. If anything can go wrong for him, it will.) This means we miss the last ferry back to Virgin Gorda. Arrange for Smith the porter at the ferry building to keep the groceries. I take the Refrig stuff with me. Find a cheep hotel. Power and water go out while I'm in the shower. Its dark Check out. Throw myself on the mercy of the Marriott, figuring they have generators. They found me a room at an amazing low rate, including water and power (for a couple hours. It's off right now... Generators on the fritz.) So I'm at the bar, about to go get Chris. I have a flash light, a glow stick and a glass of wine, and all is good. The guests in the lobby are singing Christmas carrols. We need Rudolph to get here soon.

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment