Friday, November 25, 2011

Re: Engine

All better. Interesting actually. Had two mechanics on the boat within three hours. Turns out it was a good scenario in the end I think. 

I have an automatic fire extinguisher system in the engine room. It went off and automatically shuts down the engine. 

All I needed to do was flip a switch from auto to manual and the engine started

Now the real question is why did the extinguisher go off????

Jim Gregory 

On Nov 25, 2011, at 1:04 PM, Bob Branstad <bbranstad@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry to hear.  I would think that there would be some sign on the enine such as leaking oil or water if you had a blew head gasket.  Another possible cause could be a valve problem, but then you should be able to hear banging metal.  I will put more thought into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment