Thursday, August 03, 2006

PacCup Delivery - August 3rd


We are still here and all is well.

Last night was a bit of a challenge until we figured out what was happening. Scary to remember that only 3 inches of kevlar and balsa stand between you and the deep blue... O well, the boat is not sinking, the engine works to charge the batteries, and 50/50 as to if the drive shaft will stay together well enough and if the winch grease we have will last to a high enough temp to grease the drive shaft. If not, we sail through the high as ships have been doing for centuries.

Everyone is over their Mal de Mer. This is causing me to go hungry. I keep cooking what I think is enough for 6 people, 3 of whom are teenage boys, and I keep getting the last of the pot! O well, between no alcohol (we don't drink at sea) and the boys appetites, maybe I'll loose some weight!

Kath and Tom both feel well enough to read, so the books are beginning to make the rounds. We have about 20, which isn't near enough. I think Jim may even have to resort to reading my dressage magazines!

After 5 days, we've gone about 1/3 of the way. We'll be home in maybe 10 more days, depending on the engine and the high (where there is No wind.)

See you all soon-ish. Party at the dock in Richmond when we arrive! You all bring the beer, 'cause we don't have any!

- Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment