Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Had a great day sailing Lightnings yesterday

I spent yesterday racing with Brian and Kim Comfort on Brian's Lightning.  We sailed out of Niantic Yacht Club in Connecticut and it was the first time that I'd been back on a Lightning since about 1973.  My Dad's first boat was a Lightning and sailing that boat on weekends with him was what initially got me hooked on this sport.  It was a nice deja vu experience for me, made only better by the chance that we ended up second for the day after finishes of 4, 2, 2.  That last second should have been a first, but we ended up losing a photo finish.  I'm looking forward to the next chance to get back out there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your post; this posting has evoked the most response.

    ReplyDelete