Monday, May 18, 2015
Friday, May 15, 2015
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Another long productive day today. Taking Morpheus out of hibernation should be a methodical week long project.
Our challenge is to do it as quickly as possible. Due to the EU's interesting tax laws we only have about two weeks to get to Gibraltar (or anywhere else outside the EU shengen territory).
With any luck we'll be on our way Sat,
Updates to follow.
at 1:03 PM
Monday, May 11, 2015
26 hours after leaving San Francisco we had our bags loaded in an extra large cab and we're headed for our hotel in Barceona
That was a long trip Oakland-Oslo-Barcelona, but we were running on adrenaline and once checked in we were out until 2:30am! That may be a record for Deb.
The video attached was taken from our hotel room directly across from the Cathedral of Barcelona. Such a beautiful building, and a rarity around here Gaudi had nothing to do with it.
We went and checked out the boat this afternoon (yes, we slept in a bit) and everything looks good for a launch tomorrow morning.
We move back onboard tomorrow!!
at 9:50 AM
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Things are all beginning to fall into place for our return to Morpheus and the beginnings of our journey this Summer.
- Deb's brother Dan has quit his job and plans to sail with us for 2-3 months!
- Our airplane tickets are purchased. We leave for Barcelona on May 9th.
- Morpheus is scheduled to be launched on May 11th.
- We know our first destination will be Gibraltar to reset the EU Customs Area required 18 month clock for visiting boats that don't wish to pay a 25% import fee.
- After that things are flexible but we are heading towards Sicily.
- Most likely there will be stops in Ibiza (Dan's not about to miss that place!) and southern Sardinia.
- Research has shifted into high gear and our Master Cruise Map has been updated with destinations and points of interest for Sicily.
- After Sicily we'll be off for Greece, and hopefully Turkey.
at 7:50 PM